The international summer school VISMAC “VISione delle MACchine” (in English, “Machine Vision”) is organized every two years by the “Gruppo Italiano Ricercatori in Pattern Recognition” (GIRPR) affiliated to International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR). It represents a stimulating opportunity for doctoral students, young researchers from universities, research institutions and industry. The primary objective of the Summer School is to provide a common scientific and cultural background on the subjects of computer vision and pattern recognition.
VISMAC 2016 Summer School addresses the following topics:
- 1. Smart and Embedded Vision Systems
- 2. Knowledge Representation and Big Data
- 3. Biometric systems and Security
- 4. 3D Computer Vision
- 5. Deep learning and neural networks
- 6. Re-Identification and Camera Networks
- 7. Social Networks Applications
- 8. Multimedia for Cultural Heritage
The full program of the Summer School will be available in February 2016.
Knowledge assessment modalities
- Closing tests: a final test will take place at the end of each lecture
The lecture attendance and tests, homeworks and poster presentation will be evaluated from the course coordinators. The final achievement will be equivalent to 4 ECTS points.