REACHING AN END… ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS and PRESS REVIEW
After a busy and intensive week, the International Summer School VISMAC 2016 has reached an end. The school was attended by 24 participants from different countries. The 5-day programme included:
- Probabilistic object refinement and situation assessment: incremental learning and self-aware processing;
- Privacy protecting and self-aware smart cameras;
- Mobile vision: challenges and advanced applications;
- Principle of machine learning: a shallow introduction to deep learning;
- Knowledge extraction from audio signals;
- 3D features for surface matching;
- Deep learning and neural networks;
- Security of biometric systems;
- Multimedia forensics and forensic facial identification;
- Re-identification and multiple target tracking from environmental and egocentric cameras;
- Vision for quality of cultural experiences;
- Device fingerprinting on social networks.
Overall the organization of the summer school went really well and for this results we would like to thank the PhD students and the professors for the excellent work done.
Here you can find some articles on the local press which talk about us: